Magical Tibet Journey offers you an experience full of inner awakenings. Whether you are part of a dharma center, a meditation group or simply exploring your own path to spirituality, this special trip package offers you a pilgrimage to Tibet’s most sacred places.
Explore Magical Tibet
Discover the spiritual transcendence of Tibet’s sacred places and the rich cultural heritage of Tibetan Buddhism, and embark on our Magical Tibet Journey! This journey allows you to visit and explore the great city of Lhasa with trips to Jokhang Temple, Potala Palace and Sera monastery to experience the history and practice of Buddhism.
We will also venture into the Samye and Yumbu Lhakhang Yarlung Valleys, where Tibetan civilization began. Continuing our journey guests will visit the Palkhor Chode stupa in Gyantse, the region’s most sacred and impressive architectural achievement. Some of the other notable stops in our trip include Tashi Lhunpo monastery in Shigatse, which is Tibet’s second largest town and lake Namtso, the world’s highest salt lake and Tibet’s most sacred and beautiful place.
- Days 1-5: Lhasa
- After a short flight over the Himalayan mountains, you will arrive in Lhasa where guests will enjoy a welcome reception and get some rest. While acclimatizing to the altitude in Lhasa, we will explore the city by walking around the Barkhor Square and mingle with the Tibetan pilgrims. We will visit the Potala Palace, Jokhang temple, and Sera monastery to learn about Tibetan architecture, history, and culture. Guests will also have the opportunity to meet Tibetan artisans and scholars to learn more about Tibetan folk arts such as painting, wood curving, and handicrafts.
- Days 6-8: Yarlung Valley & Samye/Yumbu Lhakang
- After a few hours of drive from Lhasa, we will visit a village in the area and mingle with the local Tibetans. In the afternoon, you will be taken directly to a hotel in Tsedang, a southern Tibetan town located in the heart of the Yarlung valley, the cradle of Tibetan civilization. In Tsedang, we will explore Samye monastery. Built in the 8th century in the shape of a mandala, Samye is Tibet’s first Buddhist monastery. We will also visit Yumbu Lhakang, Tibet’s first palace, and Traduk Monastery built in 541 A.D.
- Days 9-10: Gyantse & Shigatse
- Crossing over two high passes, we will reach the historic outpost of Gyantse and visit lake Yamdrok, one of the three largest lakes in Tibet and a holy site for pilgrims. Gyantse, a small agricultural town at 3,978 meters (approximately 13,050 feet) above sea level is famous for its wool carpets and Pelkhor Choede stupa. Nearby the Pelkhor Choede stupa is the Palkhor monastery. It was built in 1427 and is notable for its superb Kumbum (“10,000 statues” in Tibetan) stupa, which according to Buddhist tradition has 108 chapels. After Gyantse, we will continue onward to Shigatse, where we will visit the gold-crowned Tashilhunpo monastery, one of Tibet’s most vibrant and breathtaking site.
- Days 11-12: Namtso/Tashi Dhor
- Our trip would not be complete without a stop at lake Namtso, a must see by anyone visiting Tibet. Namtso is approximately 240 kilometers (140 miles) northwest of Lhasa and is 14,720 meters (15,485 feet) high. The lake is stunningly beautiful and considered very sacred by the Tibetans. Namtso is also home to the nomadic community, as it is naturally suited for grazing herds. Guests will be able to interact with the nomads, visit their tents, and learn about their traditional way of life. In Namtso, we will also visit Tashi Dhor monastery where guests can take short hikes and meditate in the sacred caves.
- Days 13-14: Lhasa
- We will finally conclude with a farewell dinner in Lhasa on the last night of the tour. During the day, guests are free to rest, shop, prepare for their return or plan their next adventure post the Magical Tibet Journey to places like the Everest Base Camp, Mount Kailash, Kham, and Amdo. Conscious Journeys can assist all continuing travelers with these plans.
Tibet Trip…Customized Just For You
Is this not quite what you are looking for?
With access to a vast network of Tibetan travel companies and tour guides on the Tibetan Plateau, Conscious Journeys offers an incredible range of experiences with customized trips for everyone. Whether you want to stay in a monastery, celebrate your anniversary at the Everest Base Camp or take that family vacation you always wanted, we can customize a Tibet trip that is right just for you! Let us know how by filling out this Tailor Made Journey inquiry form today.